Monday, September 9, 2013

September 5, 2013

hello everyone!
 
i cant believe this is my last week in the ccm! i am so so sad to leave! this place has been my home for the last 6 weeks and my district is like family.  i absolutely love my teachers and its going to be so hard to say goodbye.  its scary to think that i will be leaving the comfort of the ccm in just 5 days but i am also really excited to start my mission and to be able to teach real investagators.  i will most likely be companions with someone that speaks no english so that should be interesting.  i have heard that that is one of the most effective ways to learn the language.  either sink or swim.  things i have learned so far:
-the book of mormon is amazing.  it is filled with scriptures to help with any situation. 
-peruvians are probably the nicest people on earth.
-spanish is hard! but with lots of hard work and the help of the lord i know it will come.
-complaining doesnt solve anything
-if you get to know someone well enough you can always find something to like about them.
 
i am so excited to see what the next 16 and a half months have in store for me.  in the words of jeffery r holland, "grab your socks, pull them up to your armpits, and get to work!"
 
thanks for all the emails! it is like christmas morning every time i log onto email and see that i have emails from so many people i love! so keep them coming!
 
xoxo hermana murdock

1 comment:

  1. My name is Hermana Crow, I will very shortly be serving in the same mission as Hermana Murdock, I was wondering if maybe I could contact you with some questions and then once I leave if my mom could stay in contact with you as well?

    ReplyDelete