Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 16, 2014

HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!! (yesterday) I LOVE YOU!! I'm sad that I wasn't able to skype like  on mothers day but I was thinking about you all day yesterday and am so lucky to have such an awesome dad!
 
hi family!! I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing good.  sounds like you guys aren't wasting one minute of your summer.  things here are going good! we had some really cool experiences this week that I want to share with you.
 
first on Wednesday we had the opportunity to go back to the same house that we went to before (when I sent those pictures of me way up high and all you can see is dirt) to do service up in the cerros.  it was super fun and it strengthened my testimony even more of the power of service.  the family was so grateful for our service.  they are super super poor and so humble and you could just see how thankful they were.  they have the cutest little boy named S (and i took like a million pictures with him so ill try to send a few to you guys.  he wanted to follow me around all day.  
On Saturday we had the conference with elder oaks of the 12 apostles! it was such a great conference and I learned so much.  he talked a lot about humor.  and that when things get hard and we want to cry, its better just to laugh.  he was whippin out jokes like no other and was bustin a gut up there at the pulpit.  honestly he was laughing so hard and we were all laughing so hard.  it was really cool to get to see him in a more laid back manner and not so serious. he also talked about how we are not on OUR mission.  we are on the mission of the lord Jesus Christ.  we are on HIS mission.  we are instruments in his hands and we need to do what he says, not what we feel like doing.  
 
I also loved the talk of the wife of elder clayton of the 70.  she talked about making good memories.  she talked about how our time is short and the memories we make now will later be our history.  the things that we will share with our families and our future families.  so we need to forget about the bad memories and make good, fun, sweet memories to remember forever.  I'm so glad that I have this opportunity to be here in Peru making these memories that I will remember forever. 
overall it was such a great conference and i could feel the spirit so strong! 

We also have another investigator A who has accepted a baptismal  date for the end of june! he is 24 years old and really is so open to learning more and to make changes in his life.  he has come to church 3 times now and loves it.  ill keep you updated on his progress.  
 
I love you all so much!! i am so grateful to have such an amazing family! talk  to you next week!!
xoxoxo hermana murdock 

No comments:

Post a Comment