Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 4, 3014

hey!! wow its already august!
this week was so great!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!! i had such a great birthday and i could definitely feel your love all the way here in peru.  monday for pday we went to pizza hut as a pre birthday lunch with the zone.  and then tuesday was my birthday and we have our zone meetings every tuesday.  so at the end of the meeting the zone surprised me with cake and they all sang happy birthday.  i felt very loved!  and something awesome happened!  i haven't seen the sun here in lima in about a month and a half.  the sky is gray every single day and the sun does not come out.  but on my birthday the sun came out and everything was bright and cheery and warm! it was the first time i have felt the sun in so long! it was testimony that heavenly father loves me hahaha.  and then at night my pensionista surprised me with a little party.  they really are the greatest family!  and later as i was about to go to bed my first pensionista called to wish me happy birthday! it was so great to hear from her.  overall it was a day i will never forget.  
and i have officially been here one year!!  this year has been the hardest year of my life.  but also the most rewarding.  sometimes its hard to believe i have actually been here for 1 year.  i have learned so much.  and i am so grateful that i still have some time to learn.  

C is doing good.  he came to church yesterday and his testimony is getting stronger.  he will be such a great addition to the ward.  and we also have another baptism planned for the same day.  august 16th.  its a 15 year old girl named L whose mom is a less active member but is now coming to church every sunday with her daughter.  we are so excited for them and are seeing them progress everyday.  the work of the lord is amazing!
 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
xoxoxo hermana murdock 

No comments:

Post a Comment